Sign in to follow this  

Dogs and bike shops

One of my kids brought this up today, did you ever notice that every bike shop has a dog running around? Maybe its a southern thing but almost every bike dealer around here has a little dog or two off lease just strolling around on the floor.

Not mine, I wish it did haha.

I've seen shops with free roaming dogs it's cool, but it was a shop that sold firefighting gear, not dirtbikes

Every good shop needs a dirt bike dawg

• Like 4

No I haven't seen that, just a bicycle shop in Western Australia with a cat. Close enough.

No dingo's?
  • Like 4

Hmmm....I was in a dealership called "down under auto sales" in Austin TX about this time last year. 

I sat down and while the salesman was talking....I noticed there were about 6 cats allll around the office..... quietly staring at me.

I did not buy the truck I was looking at.

No I haven't seen that, just a bicycle shop in Western Australia with a cat. Close enough.

Edited by RBI
  • Like 1

I worked at an LBS in highschool we had a mutt walking around, he was great, kept kids busy so we could sell easier

Hmmm....I was in a dealership called "down under auto sales" in Austin TX about this time last year. 

I sat down and while the salesman was talking....I noticed there were about 6 cats allll around the office..... quietly staring at me.

I did not buy the truck I was looking at.

So the &%$#@! power wasn't working that day at Down Under? 

Edit: a curse word filter just &%$#@!ed my joke, lol. I'm sure you can guess the alternate word for cat that I just used though  :D

Edited by stinkwheels
  • Like 1

Not just motorbike shops but pretty much any business that is independently owned and the owner like animals and the environment is safe.

They do around here too...not southern, lol. Hell we have a lady at my office who has been bringing her dog everyday since it was puppy. haha. Sure my office is a lil more laid back then say a full on suit/tie, but still an office setting (not a shop).

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF

We got one up here in the NE, so it is not just a southern thing.  Nice dog, old but very friendly.  My buddy owns a salvage yard and brings his dog to work.  I say if you own it, more power to you

The local KTM dealer has a dog or 2 in there most days. I take my pup with me so she can see her buddies.