Sign in to follow this  

1999 200exc wheel fitment question

I have a 1999 200exc with DID front and rear wheels i am wondering if anyone knows which years will fit as mine are in pretty poor shape. And i am wondering if the knewer talon or excel rims fit

Ok thanks so any rear wheel will fit but for front i am looking for 03 and below , thanks :)

Unless you get the 03 up wheel adapter kit, you'll have ot search it but there is a kit to make the 03 up  work.

I've got a front wheel off a 99 that is in good shape with bearings in good shape I'll sell. It just needs a rotor and it's good to go. Let me know. pm me if interested.

Be careful with that front wheel. The SX bikes got the larger front axle in 2002, the MXC/EXC got it in 2003.

99 has regluar forks, not upside down. The rear wheels are the same from early 90s. The front wheels went thru some changes. In 02 the SX got 48mm forks, but still had the 20mm axle. In 03 all the bikes went to the 26mm axle.

99 has regluar forks, not upside down. The rear wheels are the same from early 90s. The front wheels went thru some changes. In 02 the SX got 48mm forks, but still had the 20mm axle. In 03 all the bikes went to the 26mm axle.

the 99 wheel won't fit an 00 though unless you can get it to fit by changing bearings or something.

Yeah, up to 99 had a 17mm axle, 00-02 20mm

You need something from 91-92ish thru 99

Rims? Any year honda front or ktm 36 hole rim

As far as a talon hub, they are the same up to 02. Just spacers/ collars etc are specific for yours. So for talon hubs up to 02 will fit. Just make bearings for the 17mm axle if its for the 20.

I have a mint oem front wheel assembly as well if you need.

Thanks

The part # for the 2002 MXC / EXC front axle is 50309081200. It is the same as the 2001 SX front axle part number. It is the small axle.

The part number for the 2002 SX front axle is 50309081300. It is the larger axle. So The 2002 SX bikes got the larger axle. The EXC / MXC bikes didn't get the larger axle until 2003.

Edited by Larry63r
  • Like 1

Part numbers aside, I had an 02 400 SX , it had the small front axle with 48mm forks. The axles are also a different length so that is some of the the difference as well