Stock exhaust

Is there anything I can do to my stock drz exhaust to make a little power

google 3x3 mod. the stock exhaust is great for stealthy excursions, but not so good at turning gasoline into noise (aka harley)

not really coz its the narrow diameter size of the header that restricts the power

posted on wrong thread sorry, the prevoius reply i made still stands though

Edited by carlspeaky

I did the 3x3 mod and fcr39mx was just trying to squeeze out what I could without spending $500 on mrd exhaust

What I found that works well

1. Remove stock exhaust

2. Place exhaust in scrap bin/garbage

3. Install aftermarket exhaust

4. Ride and listen to the beautiful sound of your new exhaust :-)

Seriously though I think somebody on here drilled out there exhaust. I don't think it did much but make it a little louder.

Why would you put a FCR on without doing a aftermarket exhaust? Isn't that kind of ass backwards? Maybe I read your post wrong

Yes there is something you can do ..

Remove it and fit a exhaust system to work well with the 3X3 and FCR .

Found good deal on carb not exhaust lol I'm looking family used mrd setup if anyone is looking to part with one

On the S/SM model the header is the main restriction, so you could fit the larger E model header to increase flow for pretty cheap.

Edited by Wisconsinite762

I was like you.

Now I have the stock "S" system in a box in the garage.

A "E" system, in a box in the garage. It gave small gains.

A MRD Pro comp 2 on the bike. Well worth it. Just wished I hadn't wasted the time and money trying the E system.

RM14

On the cheap. You can remove the end cap, three allen bolts. Cut out spark arrestor. A little more sound, not too much. Gain a couple hp.

On the cheap. You can remove the end cap, three allen bolts. Cut out spark arrestor. A little more sound, not too much. Gain a couple hp.

Yes you do gain noise, but no HP….

A couple HP.?.....you mean two (2) ..?.......In your dreams... :lol:

Must have been dreaming on the dyno.

Like others have said, try to get a stock E header, that will give you a little bump in top end, even with the stock exhaust.