250 XC-F & 250 XCF-W Main Difference

What makes these two bikes different. From what I can tell they seem really similar. Thanks for the help.

Suspension (linkage vs non-linkage) and transmission are the two main differences...The XCWs also come with lights, the XCs don't...

Edited by Monk

Ok thanks for the help.

I'm gonna piggyback on this thread, Is there much difference in the bikes for a mid pack C class rider linkage vs non-linkage? I currently have a 2012 250 sx-f (re-valved and set up for woods) and I'm looking at a 200, 250 or 300 2 stroker still a bit undecided though, I'm leaning to a 250.

I really enjoy the tight, rocky, rooty technical single track.

No, even being a good A rider I still prefer the non-link. My biggest gripe is the wide ratio trans. It's better with the 6spd but I found it horrible with the 5spd...

Ok! Thanks I am still doing my research. Speaking of the trans I saw that in Jonny walkers 300 breakdown video they changed out the trans for the xc.

Has anyone attempted to use SXF cams on a XCFW? I have a 250 xcfw and the other day tested a 250 sxf same year, and I couldn't believe the power difference. The SXF was brand new stock. And I have full FMF pipe.

Got me thinking, back in 08 I raced Yamahas and did all the know things to a WR250 plus the cams of the YZF and it was a night and day difference, would this kind of be the same? Or does it have more to do with mapping, gears and such?

Thanks!

I'm gonna piggyback on this thread, Is there much difference in the bikes for a mid pack C class rider linkage vs non-linkage? I currently have a 2012 250 sx-f (re-valved and set up for woods) and I'm looking at a 200, 250 or 300 2 stroker still a bit undecided though, I'm leaning to a 250.

I really enjoy the tight, rocky, rooty technical single track.

Linkage is better for big jumps, whoops etc. MX & desert type stuff. PDS is better for tight woods, rocks, roots, etc.

All the models you are looking at can be had with linkage or PDS, if you weren't already aware.

Ok! Thanks I am still doing my research. Speaking of the trans I saw that in Jonny walkers 300 breakdown video they changed out the trans for the xc.

He likes the PDS suspension but also prefers the close ratio trans of the XC.

Linkage is better for big jumps, whoops etc. MX & desert type stuff. PDS is better for tight woods, rocks, roots, etc.

All the models you are looking at can be had with linkage or PDS, if you weren't already aware.

Thanks! I don't ride a lot of real fast stuff,but I am going to test both styles with my dealer when they bring their demo bikes out in a month or so!

Thanks! I don't ride a lot of real fast stuff,but I am going to test both styles with my dealer when they bring their demo bikes out in a month or so!

Nice, would definitely like to try both back to back.

XC has billet triples while the XCW has cast.

XC has billet triples while the XCW has cast.

Ok thanks

XCF is based on the SXF: motor, Throttle body,  trans, ECU , swingarm, rear axle size, triple clamps, 

XCF crank is heavier, and ECU mapping is less agressive

The XCF-W is based on the EXC, but without full smog and DOT hardware:  motor with even larger crank, Less flowing head, cams, and exhaust, wider ratio trans, smaller Throttle body size with top nozzle instead of bottom, PDS, locked ECU, flexier swingarm and triple clamps and rear axle size:   are all different from the XCF/SXF.