What is a good feeling gage to buy to do valve shims on a yz 426

I do not know what to buy or where to buy them

Here in Canada you can buy them at Canadian tire but any auto hardware store will sell feeler gauges.. kind of looks like a pocket knife with a bunch of thin metal pieces with there thickness marked on them

Any standard, ordinary feeler gauge set sold at auto parts stores for less than $10 should work.  Occasionally, you find that the blades will not fit into the slot where the center intake valve lives, but if you simply trim the sides of the blade with a good pair of scissors, you can make the blades in the correct size range fit very easily.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now