Sign in to follow this  

2nd Bike

I got my first bike about a year ago and have been riding constantly since. I got a Crf150f and ride trails with some open stuff but mostly old logging roads, but have started jumping a lot more. The power is kinda boring me and I am really feeling like it is time to step up to a better bike. I am 15, about 5'7" and 120 and still growing. I would prefer a 4-stroke. Would a 250f be way to much bike for me. I know a 125 2-stroke would be good if I set it up for trails, but I want a four stroke. What other bikes would work for me. Thanks a lot.

What is your price range?  8k?  get a new KTM350 or 250!

250f? used? good luck?  why not a 125?  have you ever used a power band?

250F you will love it, might be a little big for you now but you'll be fine. If you're not lifting weights yet now is a good time to start

250F you will love it, might be a little big for you now but you'll be fine. If you're not lifting weights yet now is a good time to start

Cool, yeah I lift weights for sports.

What can I do to lower the bike besides shaving the seat. 

Don't worry about it honestly at 5'7 you'll have to SWING a leg over but you should be able to grow into it quickly. If you find it really difficult for the time being you can look into a lowering link. I'd ride it stock for now

Don't worry about it honestly at 5'7 you'll have to SWING a leg over but you should be able to grow into it quickly. If you find it really difficult for the time being you can look into a lowering link. I'd ride it stock for now

Cool thanks.

You're good size for a 125 and if you buy a little older used one you could always sell it and get your money back.

Everyone says a 125 is a bad trail bike but before there were 250f's that's all there was. What they lack in torque they make up in fun.

Edited by JFortner5

Ox...WR250F, CRF250X or KTM/KDX 200 would be a good step up from CRF150F.  Since you are riding trails you should stick with the wide ratio transmission bikes.

• Like 1

We ride trails and the track on MX bikes.... The only woods bikes i've seen that can hang is KTM's offerings. Get a nice EFI 250f you will love it. 2 strokes can't hold a candle regardless of what people say..... i've rode 125's, 85 Bw's, and a KX500.....wanna try a 250 one day. I try to like them but i like to fight the trail or track and not the bike. Usable power wherever and whenever i want. The KX500 has power but it feels like a tank through turns and rattles your teeth out of your head. 

I lent my old RM-Z to my friend who rides a cr125 for the day at the track. From die hard smoker fan to "I need a new bike". LOL so don't buy all that 2 stroke kool aid. 

I have heard the KTM 300cc smoker is a pretty awesome bike though. That has a really good mix of bottom and top end. 

We ride trails and the track on MX bikes.... The only woods bikes i've seen that can hang is KTM's offerings. Get a nice EFI 250f you will love it. 2 strokes can't hold a candle regardless of what people say..... i've rode 125's, 85 Bw's, and a KX500.....wanna try a 250 one day. I try to like them but i like to fight the trail or track and not the bike. Usable power wherever and whenever i want. The KX500 has power but it feels like a tank through turns and rattles your teeth out of your head.

I lent my old RM-Z to my friend who rides a cr125 for the day at the track. From die hard smoker fan to "I need a new bike". LOL so don't buy all that 2 stroke kool aid.

I have heard the KTM 300cc smoker is a pretty awesome bike though. That has a really good mix of bottom and top end.

Ok thanks, have not even looked at the ktm 300.