Sign in to follow this  

nose wheelie question

I was just wondering if Kevin Windham - type nose wheelies are possible on a new Honda with the stock brakes. Obviously, his brakes aren't stock. That's not what I'm asking. And I Damn sure can't do a nose wheelie like that. Just wondering from those of you that can. Thanks!

I was just wondering if Kevin Windham - type nose wheelies are possible on a new Honda with the stock brakes. Obviously, his brakes aren't stock. That's not what I'm asking. And I Damn sure can't do a nose wheelie like that. Just wondering from those of you that can. Thanks!

depends, if its a new crf150F or crf230f, you could do them, but not very high off the ground. now a crf150r, crf250r, 450r, a MX style bike, yea its very much possible, its not hard to do stoppies, I learned on BMX bikes when I rode BMX now I can do nose wheelies or stoppies almost whenever I want as long as its not slippery out.

I can stoppie for days on the street. No such luck in the dirt though. I think the shitty masters ruin it for me.

like most riding techniques that require skill and finesse, the limiting factor is almost never the bike. 

• Like 2

If you watch videos of hard enduros abd trials riders doing stoppies they preload and then unweight the rear of the bike to help initiate the stoppie, go watch the crosstrainng vids from the australia guys on youtube

I'm a big hard enduro fan. I just don't have the pre load down yet. I think it freaks me out because I expect the rear to come up as easily as it does on the motard. I need to get that out of my head.

Changing the master on the motard made a huge difference in the feel of stoppies.

Edited by D4N63R