Sign in to follow this  

Drz400sm elevation jetting

I'm heading to Colorado in a week and I'm hauling my bike with me and I'm wondering what jetting I'll be best off running out in Denver. I have the 3x3, open mrd ssw, and a twin air filter. I'm have the jd jet kit. Most riding will be done in the 5-10,000 ft range. Any help would be much appreciated.

What altitude will you mostly be riding at.?

I'm not real sure to be honest. I'll be in Denver mostly which is 5,000. But I'll take a couple trips to the mountains on it and hit up to 10+

I'm not real sure to be honest. I'll be in Denver mostly which is 5,000. But I'll take a couple trips to the mountains on it and hit up to 10+

Ok...,you really want to jet for where your mostly ride...or you lowest ridding altitude....

I would use

Blue Needle, clip 3

155 main jet

22.5 pilot jet with extended fuel screw, 25 pj with stock fuel screw

2.5 turns

You could buy an accessory side cover and drill it with some holes for high altitude rides.....Doing this allows more air to be available to the intake..And will lean out the overall jetting..

Either that or just run without a side cover if the bike starts running poorly..

Ok...,you really want to jet for where your mostly ride...or you lowest ridding altitude....

I would use

Blue Needle, clip 3

155 main jet

22.5 pilot jet with extended fuel screw, 25 pj with stock fuel screw

2.5 turns

You could buy an accessory side cover and drill it with some holes for high altitude rides.....Doing this allows more air to be available to the intake..And will lean out the overall jetting..

Either that or just run without a side cover if the bike starts running poorly..

So at what elevation does it become necessary to use the red needle? I'd like for it to run well in the mountains closer to 10,000 feet. That's the whole reason I'm taking the bike really. I'll just be cruising around the city in between mountain rides and won't mind if it doesn't run perfectly

So at what elevation does it become necessary to use the red needle? I'd like for it to run well in the mountains closer to 10,000 feet. That's the whole reason I'm taking the bike really. I'll just be cruising around the city in between mountain rides and won't mind if it doesn't run perfectly

6,000 ft plus for red needle...

• Like 2