Sign in to follow this  

Broke my foot riding...

Fractured a bone in my right foot riding yesterday, guess what? The combat boots I was wearing didn't offer any protection, meanwhile the 661s in the truck would of...FML. I was riding my kdx220 in tight single track, pinched my foot between the bike and a hidden stump at 2-5mph...to add insult to injury the water pump gear for my cr250 showed up today so I can't even ride it now....

Lesson learned(the hard way but it is only a minor fracture) WEAR YOUR &%$#@!ING GEAR!!!!!

On that note my chest protector did prevent being impaled by a branch earlier in the ride....

Fractured a bone in my right foot riding yesterday, guess what? The combat boots I was wearing didn't offer any protection, meanwhile the 661s in the truck would of...FML. I was riding my kdx220 in tight single track, pinched my foot between the bike and a hidden stump at 2-5mph...to add insult to injury the water pump gear for my cr250 showed up today so I can't even ride it now....

Lesson learned(the hard way but it is only a minor fracture) WEAR YOUR &%$#@!ING GEAR!!!!!

On that note my chest protector did prevent being impaled by a branch earlier in the ride....

That sucks :(

There have been a few people around here lately with broken feet.....and they were wearing MX boots....

That sucks :(

There have been a few people around here lately with broken feet.....and they were wearing MX boots....

Yah eh, I'm pretty sure MX boots would have prevented my injury, I don't ride that fast, but physics always has right away and wins in the end....

I suffered a jones fracture, like I said, not crazy severe, bit enough to keep me from riding for a month or more....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones_fracture

Yah eh, I'm pretty sure MX boots would have prevented my injury, I don't ride that fast, but physics always has right away and wins in the end....

I suffered a jones fracture, like I said, not crazy severe, bit enough to keep me from riding for a month or more....http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones_fracture

My son twisted my arm to get me out on a ride with his friends last night. The one kid was riding with low cut sneakers and jeans too short. The flesh of his ankles were exposed the whole time. Made me cringe....

No protection? I'll bet you $100 you foot would have been worse without the boots.

No shit, better than tennis shoes I guess...not for impacts though, which happened in my case, so other than saving me some cuts and scrapes, the combat boots didn't do shit....hardly any speed was involved, just simple physics...wear your boots!!

I suffered a jones fracture, like I said, not crazy severe, bit enough to keep me from riding for a month or more....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones_fracture

Be carefull with that.  I had the same last august and originally went with a lengthy booting, some of it non weight bearing until the first doctor said it was healing enough to start rehab.   I later had a brostrum surgery because I injured more stuff from the same incident and rehab didn't work.  The second doctor spotted this jones fracture on his xrays months later without me telling him about the previous doctor.

I wish I would have had surgery long ago, read about it, some people won't heal because of the low bloodflow.  Surgery right away, atleast you can get back on the road to recovery sooner.

I had a buddy years back who broke his foot in multiple places as well riding a few mph in the woods by catching it on a tree. He was loaded up on prescription pain killers for it and now years later hes a strange guy and a loaner, probably messed him up in the head. Don't turn into that guy, wear protection!

Edited by BrapCity
  • Like 1