Sign in to follow this  

Several tire questions

i have been using a 110/100 18 tire on my 08 250 xcf-w. Dont remember brand, have to go look. I also have been using a trials tire down here at chadwick and i LOVE IT. main thing is it is too tall for my short legs. Im only about 5'6" and 135lbs. But the main thing is that the extra sidewall on a 400r18 compared to my 110/100 keeps me from pinching the tube. Wondering if anyone offered a knobby in a similiar size as the 400r18 and what knobbys you all prefer? I ride about all terrain. Soft dirt. Hard packed dirt. Clay. Little bit of sand. Gravel. Thanks for your input.

Trials tires have standardized around the 4.00x18 tall sidewall size. I have used Pirelli, Michelin and now Vee trials and they are all tall tires. If you prefer the trials tire and the only drawback is the height, consider a shorter seat - or you can cut down the foam with a long blade and remount the cover. Also do some research on a Synergy X bushing it can lower the bike almost a full inch. Between the seat and the bushing, the back of the bike would drop 1.5-2.0 inches without modifying the shock and forks.

Tire choices are totally dependent on terrain and rider preference. I like the Pirelli MT16 as a do it all tire, but everyone is different.

I like the tallness of the trials tire. Its a softer ride (partially because of the softer compound) and it makes it harder to pinch a tube which i really like. I may try cutting the seat and ill look into that bushing. That would be awsome if i could a drop it an inch without spending a ton of money on the suspension.