Sign in to follow this  

Amateur Motocross?

I'm a little confused about amateur motocross series. I've seen websites for AMA, The Motocross League of America, and different regional series. It looks like some cross pollinate and some are just local. What is the best route for an amateur motocrosser starting on 50's (and his over 40 vet class dad). My son is 7 and has been riding since he was 4, but we lived in Hawaii where there was only one place to race and one series to race in, and there was a race every month. Now we live in Oklahoma and it's hard to find races out here. Or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

There's also the lone star series at Swan in Tyler TX and the full moon night series at different tracks in north Texas still going on.

what part of Oklahoma you from? Im pretty sure a few ppl from Oklahoma run the motorhead events in mo,,     they have a website, motorheadevents.com

South 75 MX park in Beggs,,, or Jandenbergs in Okmulgee, both on 75.   Area 51 MX park in Stillwater.  and Ponca City Grand National MX in Ponca City.

Edited by Alan48

I'm a little confused about amateur motocross series. I've seen websites for AMA, The Motocross League of America, and different regional series. It looks like some cross pollinate and some are just local. What is the best route for an amateur motocrosser starting on 50's (and his over 40 vet class dad). My son is 7 and has been riding since he was 4, but we lived in Hawaii where there was only one place to race and one series to race in, and there was a race every month. Now we live in Oklahoma and it's hard to find races out here. Or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Take a look @ the Loretta Lynn's Amateur Nationals. You'll find all the info on the MXSPORTS.COM web site. The national is going on right now @ the Loretta Lynn's ranch in Hurricane Mills, TN.

• Like 1