Sign in to follow this  

14 350 EXC-F motard wheels

Just want to be able to do a quick swap over to a street setup to preserve my nobbies...

Thinkin warp9 3.5-17 and 4.25-17. Pilot Power in 120 and 150.

I'm running 13-48 sprockets in the dirt and thinkin just the stock 45 on the rear for street setup?

Also will the kickstand be too tall now? Solutions?

Thanks!

I'd be interested in hearing how this works out... Please post pics and ride report when you can. Oh, and I'd just put the stock 14/45 sprockets on the new wheels and call it done.

Yes you will want to have a 14t on the front or your top speed will suffer. Buy a 2nd kick stand and customize it shorter. The wrap around style fork guards will have to be trimmed a little so the tire doesn't rub. You should consider getting a cush hub if it's affordable for you and you really want to do this right. The gearbox will suffer from all the abuse the twisty slab calls for.

I went a different direction with my 450xcw by getting a set of stock 18/21's with 14/50 gearing and streetish tires for dual sport instead of a sumo set-up.

Keep us posted on how you move forward with this.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408841811.822570.jpg

Supermoto track day today, was mega fun tho tough keeping up with all the 450 converted motox bikes on slicks.... I wasn't the slowest but a long way from the fastest....

Warp9 wheels and Pilot Power tires so sticky! Knee on the ground was no prob. 13-45 gearing felt about right as the fastest straight topped me out 75 ish. Easy swap between dirt and street setup so now it feels like I have 2 bikes!

500 EXC here...as for kickstand, I found taking 3/8 inch off allows you to use same kickstand in either configuration...and saves cash. :-)

500 EXC here...as for kickstand, I found taking 3/8 inch off allows you to use same kickstand in either configuration...and saves cash. :-)

Yup, chopped off a bit, replaced the boot and good to go :)

have a nice dave

Do the warp 9 sm wheels have the same issue as their dirt wheels with the spokes loosening all the time.

Haven't had them long enuf yet but I'll keep an eye on that, thx

have a nice dave