Sign in to follow this  

Crf150F High Altitude Jetting

I just moved to Colorado, and where I am riding it is 8000 feet and above (2004 Crf150F). What do I need to do to make sure it is jetted properly. I have never even attempted to jet, so kinda lost on what to do(no manual right now).

Thanks 

How does your bike run now that you are there? Any issues?

FYI, where you are and altitude is only part of the equation. What matters is Air Density. That is a combination of barometric pressure, air temperature and humidity. A hot humid jungle has little O2. as does dry, high altitudes.

It runs fine, but I definitely lost some power. I can't really feel if it is running lean or rich or anything like that. I don't know what it feels like. It is pretty dry where I am living.

It runs fine, but I definitely lost some power. I can't really feel if it is running lean or rich or anything like that. I don't know what it feels like. It is pretty dry where I am living.

Getting it jetted correctly for your conditions is always a good idea. However, no matter how perfect you have it jetted, it will loose powerdue to the higher air density. What altitude did you ride at prior to moving to Colorado?

Getting it jetted correctly for your conditions is always a good idea. However, no matter how perfect you have it jetted, it will loose powerdue to the higher air density. What altitude did you ride at prior to moving to Colorado?

I was riding at around 6000 before. Now I am riding at 8000 to 10000.

Any dealers around your area?

They should know what jetting is required in your area?

Yeah talk to the shop my bikes jetted for about 6500 it runs richer up past 8k but doesn't matter much. The higher elevation the more rich.