Sign in to follow this  

Are the new fuel injected bikes easier to start?

I have a 2001 WR250F that I used to race.  It's now a dual sport bike.  I also have a 2 stroke 250 Gas Gas that I race Enduros and Hare Scrambles with.  I went away from the Four strokes because the WR was so hard to kick start after a fall.  Sometimes it was easy, but when it was hard it took me a while to catch my breath.

In theory I would think a FI four stroke should start up pretty easy after a crash.  Is that true???

I've been told the CRF250R would make a good bike for fast Enduros and Hare Scrambles.  I've kind of got my eye on a 2012 or newer.  Are they much better then the 2010's for what I want to do.

Of course Electric start would be nice but Japan doesn't offer one of those. 

Tip/crash a hot carbed 250f in a race....... It's not starting in one kick. I will never race a carbed 250 again after owning efi Hondas. Never.

Edited by iMOTO189

Tip/crash a hot carbed 250f in a race....... It's not starting in one kick. I will never race a carbed 250 again after owning efi Hondas. Never.

Properly jetted carbed 250f will

I'm thinking I'd like the new Showa suspension for both Cross Country and a little MX, although I'm kind of old.  But, if I have to kick start something until I'm near dead I'll have to get a 2 stroke or an electric start KTM which to me feels fat.  I could really use some more feedback on the CRF.  I don't know much about them and it seems no one races them in the Cross Country races where I live.  The more I read the better they sound.  Of course I'm reading promotional material.  So the CRF250R has a built in steering damper.  Is it good?

Edited by toadl

I'm thinking I'd like the new Showa suspension for both Cross Country and a little MX, although I'm kind of old. But, if I have to kick start something until I'm near dead I'll have to get a 2 stroke or an electric start KTM which to me feels fat. I could really use some more feedback on the CRF. I don't know much about them and it seems no one races them in the Cross Country races where I live. The more I read the better they sound. Of course I'm reading promotional material. So the CRF250R has a built in steering damper. Is it good?

IMO, the steering damper with the stock valving doesn't really work well. If you took it off you wouldn't notice much difference. However, I've had mine revalved by Factory Connection and now it works very well. It's a huge difference, and now works the way Honda intended it too.