Sign in to follow this  

Bike re-model

Can someone point me in the right direction here? I have a 2008 CRF450R I got it last year off a dealer....one of those deals where someone bought it and it sat and it eventually was traded in for a quad....but this winter I wanna get it more set up for the kind of riding I do. It's all stock except for a steahly flywheel and some rad braces and hand guards. Anyway....I don't do mx and this is an mx machine. I love riding it...it's a blast....I do enduro stuff....trails....rocks....mud....hills....hardpack. I've only been riding scooters for a couple years now I was a quad guy before this but I wanna start doing some amateur racing next year. Like hare scrambles and stuff. Off road type racing...just for fun. So my plan for the bike is to get the suspension set up for my size and the kind fo riding I do go down to an 18 inch wheel and some better gearing. I wanna get gold wheels to go along with the look I want but can't seem to find where they are sold. Also what kind of tire would be good? The MX52 is what I'm thinking since it's supposedly designed to be an excellent all around tire. Who should I talk to about suspension? This thing is very stiff. Sorry for the novel.

Best place to start with suspension is find out if you have any local suspension guys. Small or big time, they will have a good pace for you to start. If you dead set on sending your suspension somewhere, most any big company is good. Mb1, factory connection, pro circuit, race tech, enzo. I hear many good things on here about smart performance. I'll be going with him, MX tech or race tech myself next year.

As for tires, ask around the trails or dealers about what others run.

Gold wheels, I'd start on eBay. Probably find them cheapest there. Or motosport or rocky mountain I'd go with.

Scotts? Is that a replacement for the stock one or something entirely different?

Scotts? Is that a replacement for the stock one or something entirely different?

The scotts is a real dampner! The stock one can't even compare. Factory connection if you send it anywhere and I highly recommend cheapo oversized radiators from eBay and a rekluse z-start pro for your and my style riding. Btw I have all these plus more on my bike.

Excel makes gold rims for the Honda. Pro wheel might too. Contact the mx wheel companies. TCR, Dubya, KSR wheels, RAD mfg, SM Pro........might find them in ebay. But I rarely see a set.

Yeah I wanna keep the stock hubs and just change the wheels. Either black or gold.