oil looks milkey(new bike)

i just came home with a 2014 kx450f and did two heat cycles and then changed the oil, did two more heat cycles with a few minuts of putting around the field and then changed the oil and the oil filter, i overfilled the oil just a little bit to where it was out of the glass window and i noticed it looked kind of milky like it had water in it when i was draining the access oil into the drain pan that had my oil from the other changes and it was a lighter brown color. any ideas? i also poured some of the oil from the bottle into the pan and it matched the oil color in the pan.

Edited by gokitty199

this was right after i changed the oil and oil filter and let it idle for about 7 seconds to pump the oil around. it was fairly warm/hot when i drained the oil and took the oil filter out and it was very humid and had a few very light sprinkles but not while the filler cap was off the bike and the temperature also dropped to fairly cold

kbdndk.jpg

yea this is what it looked like while draining. the bike was just running so idk if that was the cause or not, i changed it with another oil i had lying around and putted around a little bit and let the bike sit and cool on the stand for 10 or so minuts and the oil looked fine. so i guess you were right, i called the dealer and talked to a mechanic and he said it was probably since i was just running it.

Yup, that's not right. I'd change it like you said, ride it one time and change it again and see what it looks like.

That's definitely contaminated oil.

i put some cheap oil that we had laying around in it and putted around and let the motor cool this time and then drained it and it looked fine. i noticed that everytime i ride for a few minuts the oil looks milky through the glass window on the side of the motor but when i let it cool down it looks normal again and when i change it it also looks like normal oil

WELL, when the oil gets smeared around and crashed into the gears and squished in the clutches, it tends to get separated and aerated..... HENCE the reason to use a high quality oil that has an additive package that is built for such use... this aint your grandpas tractor and you cant use straight 30w, LOL put good oil in it.

Edited by kxjim
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

then wouldnt i 

I don't think it's the seal behind the water pump because it would be leaking out the weep hole.I would check head gasket or for cracks.
Just my thoughts
Ernie

then wouldnt i be losing coolent with all the oil changes ive done(4).  the original oil never did it, it only happened when i changed the oil\oil filter and used a cheap non synthetic oil during breakin. i switched to a slightly higher class semi synthetic oil and it does not do it near as bad as well as it tuns back to its normal color a minut or two after the bike is shut off, and im changing to fully synthetic amsoil when i start riding again.

Could just be condensation building up.  Mine does it out of overflow in cooler months.  Not that we have much of those in S.Texas. 

agreed, it was really humid out and also had a very light rain almost like a mist. went from very hot to cold as well. thanks ranger and ernie