Sign in to follow this  

How were the 2004 yamaha yz250fs?

Looking at one.. What were the problems with them? Or would you stay clear of that year completely if possible? Thanks

They were and are a great reliable bike. Last of the OC forks however are 48mm. The biggest issue for me was the fork, they have a blow off valve on top of the cartridge that was rubbish ditch it for 

some race tech top caps revalve and be happy. Plenty of tuners know of this issue. I ran a full DRD system on mine with the backfire cage removed. This really bought it to life. One other thing the front and rear springs std are a miss match :)  Thats my memory of the bike its been a few years :) :)

MM 

Edited by MartyMOOSE

Like mmoose said, good reliable performer with minor quirks that are known and easily fixed.

He's saying look close they are a high performance 4st and 10yrs old. Not to say you won't find a good one however be ruthless in going over the bike and the owner. 

MM 

He's saying look close they are a high performance 4st and 10yrs old. Not to say you won't find a good one however be ruthless in going over the bike and the owner.

MM

I don't care about the fact that it's 10 years old. More care about it's reliable and doesent have a lot of problems like I learned the 04-06 Hondas do with the valves

It was stone cold solid, two big valve killers for this bike were over revving and dirt in the intake system. Check the filter and the intake system to see if it's clean and well-maintained.

If you worried about valves your looking at a good bike. I have 04 and no valves have been adjusted on this bike in over 2 years. And yes they were checked. I do desert riding FYI no racing. Also look at the bright side of being a 10 year old bike, other people may be parting out there bike and sell you stuff cheap. I got a left and right straight radiator for 40 bucks.

There may be some 10 year old bikes that have low hours and that is what you want.

• Like 1