Sign in to follow this  

Loud pipes close trails

So how does this store work? Is it just like a regular online store I buy one and you ship one or like I pay for one and wait until the end of the campaign and then it will get shipped?

Although I partially agree. Depending on your riding area, old roads don't close. Paid areas don't close due to loud pipes. Although it can be a major factor. Loud pipes do infringe on wildlife areas, which is widely unforced.

AHHHHH not this crap again. We are going to have a 400 page argument with people who love loud pipes and then those then go off on those people.

I'm neutral on the subject. I would never ride a loud bike on trails that had even a minute possibility of being closed.  I love loud engines of all types IN THE RIGHT AREA. My fourwheelers have HMF mufflers, my race bike has a FMF system, heck even my truck had 8" glasspacks with the cats cut out. My WR gets the stock pipe put back on anytime I ride trails. 

• Like 3

I will donate to any company that can produce a 65db pipe and no significant loss in power....the tech is there and I'll reward them with a purchase for all my bikes, and a $5K bonus kicker. 

F loud pipes in offroad areas.  Tracks can do as they please for all I care.

I've been spending a lot of time kayaking down northwest rivers this spring, and I gotta admit, the sound of screaming dirtbikes out in the wilderness is extraordinarily annoying.  I can't for the life of me understand why they wanna listen to that crap all day.  4-strokes noise carry further and IMHO is more annoying, but 2-strokes are pretty dern annoying if they are not muffled, and ya gotta listen to them scream until ya get a mile down river.

Edited by Slackkinhard
  • Like 6

In our City there is a dork that owns a stunt plane, crazy loud and he practices over the city, there is a huge movement to stop him.  The drone of that plane is driving everyone nuts.  It is remarkable to see how 99% of the people want him gone.

Noise is a huge issue, we all have to get on board and stop acting like a bunch of 2 year olds trying to make a bunch of useless racket for no good reason.  We are just giving our "enemies" plenty of reasons to shut us down.  No one likes loud noise intruding into their lives (unless they are the ones making the noise). 

Do you like it when you are in your backyard having a few people over for a BBQ and your neighbor mows his lawn, or runs his pressure washer?  how about when a screaming baby sits next to you on a long flight? someone that will not shut up sits near you in a movie?  Unwanted noise pisses people off!!!  we need to try to stay invisible!!!

• Like 6

In our City there is a dork that owns a stunt plane, crazy loud and he practices over the city, there is a huge movement to stop him.  The drone of that plane is driving everyone nuts.  It is remarkable to see how 99% of the people want him gone.

Noise is a huge issue, we all have to get on board and stop acting like a bunch of 2 year olds trying to make a bunch of useless racket for no good reason.  We are just giving our "enemies" plenty of reasons to shut us down.  No one likes loud noise intruding into their lives (unless they are the ones making the noise). 

Do you like it when you are in your backyard having a few people over for a BBQ and your neighbor mows his lawn, or runs his pressure washer?  how about when a screaming baby sits next to you on a long flight? someone that will not shut up sits near you in a movie?  Unwanted noise pisses people off!!!  we need to try to stay invisible!!!

Yup, flying under the radar is best. I live in a town where it's accepted by local police to quietly ride your off-road vehicle in and out of town, so long as you're being respectful they will leave you alone....and it actually exists in writing. How great is that?

Yet there's some local kids that think it's cool to remove their baffles and wheelie past the police station.....hmmm, guess another privilege will be heading down the crapper soon :(

ANYTHING that gets us negative attention, is NOT doing us any favors.

But honestly, I'm sick of this subject....

• Like 6

Noise is a huge issue to everyone except Harley owners. No one says anything about these loud straight pipes. But take a dirt bike out with a pipe and everyone gets all pissy.

• Like 3

loud pipes save lives

No they don't, and you're a fool if you believe that.

Show us ANY statistical data that supports that fallacy.

• Like 4

loud pipes save lives

How exactly do loud pipes save lives offroad? Even on the road the sound does not travel very well ahead of you where it would be beneficial to be heard, most of the sound amplitude is projected behind you, where it will do nothing to save your life.

Being more visible to traffic saves lives. Things such as bright colors and brighter running lights. Most of the people I have heard use the "loud pipes save lives" argument always ride around in a t-shirt and jeans with a cheap little "turtle shell" half helmet on, so they obviously are not too concerned with safety.

• Like 5

How exactly do loud pipes save lives offroad? Even on the road the sound does not travel very well ahead of you where it would be beneficial to be heard, most of the sound amplitude is projected behind you, where it will do nothing to save your life.

Being more visible to traffic saves lives. Things such as bright colors and brighter running lights. Most of the people I have heard use the "loud pipes save lives" argument always ride around in a t-shirt and jeans with a cheap little "turtle shell" half helmet on, so they obviously are not too concerned with safety.

You forgot the chaps!

Being more visible to traffic saves lives. Things such as bright colors and brighter running lights. Most of the people I have heard use the "loud pipes save lives" argument always ride around in a t-shirt and jeans with a cheap little "turtle shell" half helmet on, so they obviously are not too concerned with safety.

In my experience, at least around here, the louder the pipes the less likely they are to be wearing any safety gear of any kind. Helmets are not required by law here, so of course few wear them. Idiots.

I drive around all day in a UPS truck, with the doors wide open. I frequently get startled by an obnoxiously loud Harley that just suddenly appears beside me in all it's unmuffled glory, and I never heard it until it was practically right beside my door. And that's with the doors open. Do these "loud pipes save lives" idiots really think someone inside a closed car with the AC and radio on are going to hear them approaching from behind?

You want to be safe on a bike? Learn how to RIDE safely. Be vigilant and aware. Don't rely on ANYTHING other than your eyes and brain.

• Like 5

In my experience, at least around here, the louder the pipes the less likely they are to be wearing any safety gear of any kind. Helmets are not required by law here, so of course few wear them. Idiots.

I drive around all day in a UPS truck, with the doors wide open. I frequently get startled by an obnoxiously loud Harley that just suddenly appears beside me in all it's unmuffled glory, and I never heard it until it was practically right beside my door. And that's with the doors open. Do these "loud pipes save lives" idiots really think someone inside a closed car with the AC and radio on are going to hear them approaching from behind?

You want to be safe on a bike? Learn how to RIDE safely. Be vigilant and aware. Don't rely on ANYTHING other than your eyes and brain.

I don't drive around with open doors, but frequently have the windows down due to good weather.

I swear these tards gas it when they are next to you and notice you have windows down. They are &%$#@!ing loud. Really &%$#@!ing loud, when the exhaust seems to point straight in the cab and reverberates.

Despite all the noise there is little forward progress, which is usually funny.

• Like 6

Despite all the noise there is little forward progress, which is usually funny.

Loud equals 25HP!

• Like 1

Loud equals 25HP!

10 original hp, plus 25 hp because of the loud, So that means 35 hp bro!

Honda_Power and the designers of the Suzuki Samurai would be proud.

• Like 1

With all your knowledge I would never guessed you were a UPS driver :p

• Like 1