Sign in to follow this  

parts i should get for my crf 150r expert

Hi I'm getting a new 150 r and I want to start racing what parts or what should I do to the bike it has a full chm pipe on it renthal bars Rosenthal chain and sprocket trackside unbreakable levers and carbon fiber frame/bootguard

Get your suspension tuned for the MX track or slightly stiffer, i found mine to be too bouncy on the track but on the trails it was perfect. Maxxis rear tires are the best, I also didn't like the stock gear shifting lever on the bike so i changed it to a MRSHP Aluminum shifting lever, had more engine clearance

I bought ASV levers and my son hates them.  Stick with stock or ARC.  Hammerhead make a cool chain case guard,  the stock gets filled with mud.  Have 2 extra Airfilters.  We run MX52 tires front and back with extra heavy duty tubes.  Buy a DID chain they seem to last.  Make sure you have a flex jet screw for the air screw on the carb.  Buy bigger foot pegs with more grip.  Only buy Honda OEM brake pads.  They last twice as long as others.  Get your suspension done by a local shop.  J and M racing in central Illinois does a great job,  Matt is at almost all of our races and helps with the adjustments on race day.

I bought ASV levers and my son hates them.  Stick with stock or ARC.  Hammerhead make a cool chain case guard,  the stock gets filled with mud.  Have 2 extra Airfilters.  We run MX52 tires front and back with extra heavy duty tubes.  Buy a DID chain they seem to last.  Make sure you have a flex jet screw for the air screw on the carb.  Buy bigger foot pegs with more grip.  Only buy Honda OEM brake pads.  They last twice as long as others.  Get your suspension done by a local shop.  J and M racing in central Illinois does a great job,  Matt is at almost all of our races and helps with the adjustments on race day.

This is great advice. It clearly works for you. I loved the video you put up. I would add that if you find that the stock front brake is not quite strong enough, then consider adding a CRF250R/CRF450R two piston caliper. Adapters are available for stock and oversize rotors.

I run mx32's and they grip great but don't last long. Go with a renthal r1 chain and cheap steel sprockets. They may not look pretty but they last twice as long for half the money. A Hammerhead case saver is also a must.

A Hammerhead case saver is also a must.

...unless you never ride in muddy conditions, and always keep your chain in good condition.