Sign in to follow this  

2013 250x off idle bog

Removed exhaust baffle, back fire screen, opened top of air box, added QS3, 165 jet,  and mixture screw. I had an off idle bog, so I put the back fire screen back on, removed QS3, replaced exhaust baffle and dropped to a 155 main to get rid of bog. Any suggestions?

I will install an fmf 4.1 silencer when I get home on 8/13. As of now I have a 155 main, 42 pilot, mixture screw, exhaust baffle removed, and the channels are cut out on the air box where I can put the rubber cover back over the channels if I need to. Like it is now it doesn't bog off idle but back fires.

Man, #1problem people have I believe is that guys wont stop dicking with their stuff. Just save and grab a fmf megabomb for top end or powerbomb for some low along with a pipe and just enjoy. None of these cheap or easy mods truly help at all, they hurt if anything. But to throw a bone, if you change the fuel flow, you have to change your air and that does not mean cutting a hole in ur air box or whatever, it means air intake and pipe and muffler. If power was cheap racing would not be so expensive. I say put it factory and do nothing to the bike until you can utilize quality bolt on performance that is built to last and dont dig in an engine if you dont understand how it all works. In no way am I trying to sound pissy or anything like that, just genuinely trying to give honest advice. Anyhow thank you for being American and not some evil muslim terrorist who believes there's 72 virgins or some shit waiting on him, and frankly who wants that many chicks to put up with forever. My one wife is more than enough ha ha. Later

• Like 1

P.s. I have the exact bike, 2013 not an 04 not an 06, a 13. I dont have this problem guys keep posting about bogging and junk, and im the only one I really think on earth that has left it factory. If I just get to the point I need more power, like the kind of power that your Facebook friends would hit your little like button and comment. I would just get a big bore KTM 2stroke and tell everybody how much money I spent probably even lie a little so nobody could one up me with the whole "I gotta friend whose got one" story. So all in all it seems most who buy the 250x are wary of the 450's awesome unfiltered power but want a middle ground that frankly doesnt exist. So ride factory with your head held high and if your backfiring doesnt stop then embrace it with all its glory, because youve earned it.

• Like 1

P.s. I have the exact bike, 2013 not an 04 not an 06, a 13. I dont have this problem guys keep posting about bogging and junk, and im the only one I really think on earth that has left it factory. If I just get to the point I need more power, like the kind of power that your Facebook friends would hit your little like button and comment. I would just get a big bore KTM 2stroke and tell everybody how much money I spent probably even lie a little so nobody could one up me with the whole "I gotta friend whose got one" story. So all in all it seems most who buy the 250x are wary of the 450's awesome unfiltered power but want a middle ground that frankly doesnt exist. So ride factory with your head held high and if your backfiring doesnt stop then embrace it with all its glory, because youve earned it.

Nice, for  starters I didn't cut out the top of my air box, it's still factory. I removed the back fire screen but, I put it back in. I did jet it according to what to the guy at JD jetting said on the phone, which was a 165 main and cut the baffle off the exhaust cap, which was a mistake. I put a 155 main in, removed the QS3 accelerator pump cover, put the rubber splash cover back on the top of the intake box and ordered an fmf 4.1. The mods I will have is exhaust w/header, 155 main, fuel mix screw and remove the rubber flap if needed. I got rid of the bog, the back fire doesn't bother me, the exhaust will fix that. I'm not looking for stupid power, if that was the case, I could've got the 450x for $500 more, but preferred the 250x. As for internals, that will definitely stay stock, and the clutch will be replaced with stock when needed. I ride track, trails, and endure, whatever looks fun. That's why I got a 250x, it's the best all around bike that will last!. Plus, I like Honda. lol 

BTW, I served 8 yrs in the Air Force, and agree with you 100%.

now that is a reply from someone whos got thier feet on the ground. Yeah brother, I really didnt think you cut your box up lol. Hey for real though though, thanks for being an american badass and prey one day that all vegans quit making their vegetables in the shape of meat and other delicious animal products, and just admit they secretly want to sink their teeth into something that bleeds. Later

I've had bog problems several times on my X and it was always a plugged AP discharge.  Had to back blow carb cleaner to clean it out. A PITA. 

But when the AP is working properly there is no bog.  I did install an inline fuel filter but had the problem again. :banghead: .

When I pulled the carb I found little black specs in the well at the bottom of the float bowl.  I don't know where they are coming from but I suspect they are the problem.

I'm running JD jetting including a small O ring on the AP linkage.

A couple of caveats:

Don't soak the carb in anything, you will destroy the mid body gaskets, there is a post with pics of a destroyed mid valve gaskets on TT, I think in the YZF or WRF forums .  Gaskets are not available OEM or from Keihin, JD does have them.

Use only aerosol carb cleaner followed by compressed air to clear the cleaner.  Any other type of cleaner such as Brake Clean or contact cleaner can destroy O rings in a heart beat. I used some Brake Clean, because it was handy, to clean some oil/dirt off a car oil cooler and toasted the O ring seals.