Sign in to follow this  

Any aftermarket brake levers?

Ya your right they are alil $$$$ but there are other options , if he's getting a hammerhead shifter he can go with Asv! Haha

I'm assuming OP means brake pedal not brake lever since he is talking about it matching his shifter and swingarm. In which case powdercoat/Plastidip/paint the stock one. Blacks a common color, my powdercoat guy would do a brake pedal for like 10 bucks.

• Like 1

I'm assuming OP means brake pedal not brake lever since he is talking about it matching his shifter and swingarm. In which case powdercoat/Plastidip/paint the stock one. Blacks a common color, my powdercoat guy would do a brake pedal for like 10 bucks.

I did mean rear brake lever, I should have specified.

It's kind of strange that aftermarket controls are available for every other lever. If I can't find one I'll send it off to my powder coating guy.

Don't mean to hijack but I was thinking of putting on some new clutch/brake levers.  Do you guys recommend getting the perch too, or just the lever.  Was looking at the Zeta ones from WCS.

I just added Zetas to my bike. I'm using the stock perch. Much less play than my stock levers. Just try that first. 10 minutes to install both sides.

• Like 1

Don't mean to hijack but I was thinking of putting on some new clutch/brake levers. Do you guys recommend getting the perch too, or just the lever. Was looking at the Zeta ones from WCS.

ASV short brake lever &

Righteous Stunt Clutch Shorty

Awesome combination!!

Don't mean to hijack but I was thinking of putting on some new clutch/brake levers.  Do you guys recommend getting the perch too, or just the lever.  Was looking at the Zeta ones from WCS.

The stock clutch perch has a mirror mount. If you don't use mirrors it can be useful for mounting other things, like a RAM mount for a phone, but if you don't plan on using either I'd get a new perch for a cleaner look.

You can't get a new perch for the brake lever unless you want to spend several hundred on a new master cylinder for your brakes.

• Like 1

So the ASV brake levers are reach adjustable. Is this different then the screw adjustment on the stock lever which contacts the piston on the master cylinder. I find with this adjustment you delay the action and loose leverage.

Thanks for all the info guys!  Think I'll go with the levers only first and see how that goes.  Hmmm, now what levers to buy???