Sign in to follow this  

Soundproofing the valve cover

Kind of figured it would retain more heat.

Ive read some on removing the auto decomp, what is your guy's opnion on that? And wisconsinite where did you get your e cams from? I couldn't find any on ebay, is there somewhere else I can find them?

I cut mine off after it failed, many people have no issues but I was one of the ones that did. I actually like it better with no decomp, fires right away when it's warm. Bump starts are almost impossible to do alone now though and good luck kick starting. E start still works just fine but I have the big 14ah Shorai and did the free power mod, my stock battery struggled to turn over the high compression 434

Edited by Gsxrstuntdrz

I cut mine off after it failed, many people have no issues but I was one of the ones that did. I actually like it better with no decomp, fires right away when it's warm. Bump starts are almost impossible to do alone now though and good luck kick starting. E start still works just fine but I have the big 14ah Shorai and did the free power mod, my stock battery struggled to turn over the high compression 434

Kick starting works fine without the decompression thingy on the cam, although I use my hand while sitting on the bike to ease it just past TDC, then kick it hard all the way from the very top to the bottom of the kick lever stroke.  If it doesn't start, ease it past TDC again with my right hand, then kick it hard from the top all the way to the bottom of the kicker stroke.

Will generally start on the first kick, if not, almost always on the second kick.  Each kick will usually get me two pops, so I know I'm at least kicking it through two compression strokes each kick.

Edited by subeng
  • Like 1

Kind of figured it would retain more heat.

Ive read some on removing the auto decomp, what is your guy's opnion on that? And wisconsinite where did you get your e cams from? I couldn't find any on ebay, is there somewhere else I can find them?

Bought them from a member here on TT from the classifieds. It took some time to find a good set for a decent price.

My stock battery still works ok to start my engine, though I can definitely tell it is having a harder time. I ride pretty regularly and if I don't for some reason it is on the battery tender.

• Like 2