Sign in to follow this  

1979 suzuki ds125

Recently purchased an have picked up a complete gasket set and top end rebuild kit.problem is,the guy before me messed up sum of the wiring(supposibly uk version with lights but theyre missing.)would anyone happen to have a diagram??would like to get it on the road again before any mods are done.lol

the wiring for what

spark ?

theres a couple wires that come out of the stator splice them together then run another wire connecting to the 2 wires that come from the stator to the coil

suzuki-ds125-1979-1981-usa-electrical_bi

yea thats not really a diagram thats just electrical parts if he messed up the wiring you just need to take those 2 wires that stick out from the stator (one is a lead, i think the other is a ground) twist them together then run another wire connected to the coil to those 2 wires you twisted/spliced together.

i had issues with spark before on these ds bikes that's how you get it to spark

if it's still not sparking then you have an issue with the condenser and or points or sometimes the ground in the stator will burn out so make sure your kill switch is grounded on the frame of the bike not on the coil

Oh.ok thanx.it tryd to start wen i wss oushing ut before taking the top end off,but i notice the lite were missing,and stuff was unhooked.i just want to make sure i dont short anything out that may be hooked up thats not supoose to be.lol