Sign in to follow this  

Dyno Charts?

So after getting CFO approval to put whatever I need on the WR250F, mainly an exhaust now, I go to look at manufacturers websites, the google, etc. and nobody has the goods.  FMF says 1.5 to 3 HP (maybe) and I don't see any actual charts anywhere.  It appears it's mostly a "sound' thing from descriptions on the posts I've looked at.

What gives?  It either works, or doesn't work. If it does, why no chart?  My google-ator either needs to be tuned or it appears everyone is going for sound....

I just don't want to spend 300 to 700 bucks on something that sounds cool but does nothing really.

In my opinion, any aftermarket muffler for your bike will give more power on a dyno since the stock muffler is very muffled, having chamber walls inside of it like a car muffler.

This is even with the little "pea shooter" tip insert removed.

This is why the stock muffler is so quiet.

So, other things to think about is how well the muffler is made and how loud it will be, as all aftermarket muffler will be louder than the stock one.

I recommend not getting one that very loud.

I like the FMF Q4 mufflers and the Powerbomb headers.

The noise is reasonable (or else I wouldn't use it), and a noticeable amount of power and torque is unleashed, especially in the low end.

If you haven't done it yet, jetting the carburetor is required if you want to have the bike running well.

Edited by YZEtc

A slip on exhuast really helps the engine breathe...i did all the free mods with a JD jet kit, and removed AIS and used a gytr exhuast insert and was happy till i could save for an exhuast...then i got a slip on pro circuit t-4 "quite core"... WOW is all i can say, i havent looked back yet... i have seen dyno charts here and there but they are not something i look at... if you do the free mods and a slip on you will prolly be around 33-37hp based on the dyno charts i have seen...

Edited by deafrider250f

I'm still waiting on my JD kit to arrive, which should hopefully be today.  Nothing I'm finding on the internet is really making me feel good about replacing the exhaust, but thanks for the replies, I appreciate the input.

I'm still waiting on my JD kit to arrive, which should hopefully be today. Nothing I'm finding on the internet is really making me feel good about replacing the exhaust, but thanks for the replies, I appreciate the input.

I think akrapovic has dyno chart on their site.

I found it, thank you.  At least I can see what they are claiming on there for their WR pipe.

It copied and pasted nicely, but after I hit submit it lost formatting.  If anyone else is interested it is here:

http://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorcycle/product/off-road/2319/technical?brandId=41&modelId=307&yearId=1638

Edited by Mike Vaughan