Sign in to follow this  

Fuel line relocation

Has anyone run their fuel line in a direct line from fuel tap to the carby instead of going up and over the cam cover? any disadvantages from running it straight across?

I went ahead and cut t he fuel line down as I have seen some pics of similar set ups on here and when riding today I noticed on steep decents the bike would start cutting out and I'm wondering if now that the fuel line is in a direct straight line from fuel tap to carb it is now starving for fuel when pointing downhill?

I went ahead and cut t he fuel line down as I have seen some pics of similar set ups on here and when riding today I noticed on steep decents the bike would start cutting out and I'm wondering if now that the fuel line is in a direct straight line from fuel tap to carb it is now starving for fuel when pointing downhill?

I have a cut down fuel line on my spare bike. It works fine and gives better access to the choke.

Your cut out on down hill can't have anything to do with good straight fuel supply. Did you keep the insulator around it? Maybe it is getting too hot where you have it routed.

Yeh have kept the insulator around it,must be in the jetting then,seems to be perfect everywhere else though,maybe it will come right in  the next few rides as this was the first ride in almost a year.