Sign in to follow this  

ktm 300 accessories

I just put down a deposit on a 2014 ktm 300xcw.  I don’t pick it up for another couple weeks.  Anyone got any recommendations on accessories?  Here are my plans so far:

Immediate purchases

Skidplate

Shark fin

Chain guide guard

Radiator guards

Handguards

Future

Pipe

Silencer

Jet kit

Overflow Tank

Pipe guard is a must!!!! And the jet kit sooner than later I had the dealer install mine before I ever picked it up( I rode my dads '13 and it needed it bad) it's worth it's weight in gold

Edited by Charlies510

I just put down a deposit on a 2014 ktm 300xcw. I don’t pick it up for another couple weeks. Anyone got any recommendations on accessories? Here are my plans so far:

Immediate purchases

Skidplate

Shark fin

Chain guide guard

Radiator guards

Handguards

Future

Pipe

Silencer

Jet kit

Overflow Tank

I think the stock chain guide is pretty good stock I would move that to the future list and move the jetting to the immediate list. I put a needle out of a RM 250 NEJC I believe in my 14 300 and then followed the jetting guide in the manual and it runs much better with the Suzuki needle over the three KTM needles it comes with. For radiator guards the KTM hard parts guards are sweet you should at least look at them along with a TM design works for a skid plate they make a cool plastic one. The other cool accessories I got sprung for was a set of twisted engineering flex bars and a GPR stabilizer

buddy has a set of bulletproof designs radiator guards that I'm buying from him. Are flexx bars worth the investment?

I personally would get the Twisted Engineering bars over the Flexx bars but that's just me. The Flexx bars are big and heavy while the Twisted bars are as light as a regular fat bar and look like normal bars. Plus I think they are close to the same cost with the Twisted bars being a little cheaper. But to me yes they were worth the $300 I paid for them. Edited by pre-mixed

I personally would get the Twisted Engineering bars over the Flexx bars but that's just me. The Flexx bars are big and heavy while the Twisted bars are as light as a regular fat bar and look like normal bars. Plus I think they are close to the same cost with the Twisted bars being a little cheaper.

Is the impact absorption worth the cost though?  Its quite a bit of money for bars....

Is the impact absorption worth the cost though? Its quite a bit of money for bars....

To me it was but probably isn't for everyone