Sign in to follow this  

Which bike to get?

Hey guys, brand new to this forum and looking for some input.  Im 16 and I've been riding quads since i was 4.  I have a 05 Kfx400 with a couple of mods. This year i decided to get into dirt biking and bought a Ktm 250sxf.  I was offered to trade for a 2003 Cr125 with a 134 big bore kit in it.  First the bike is bored out to a 134 by Eric gore, Bike has brand new gold protaper bars and mounts, Full fmf exhaust fatty and a shorty, Brand new reed valves, Brand new levers clutch and brake, Dna racing wheels very nice, Fully redone suspension by get real racing, Oversized radiators, New rad hoses, just got a brand new weisco top end not even broken in yet, new brake line, new power valves oemhead is ported and polished, newer bottom end 31 hours on it.   I was wondering if i switch down to the cr125 will i be disappointed with the power since i would be coming off of a 250?  I want something light and easy to throw around in the trails and to be fast out in the pit.  I also ride in upstate New York which has a good amount of rocks and rocky hills.  Also, how long will the top and bottom end last on this bike and how much to rebuild.  Not really a 2 stroke guy but never really had the experience of riding one and enjoying the power band.  If you guys could help me out that would be great. Thanks

They're cheaper to run and fix and a blast to ride, I doubt you'll be bothered by the power. On a dyno, they make the same as a 250f does especially big bore ones with a porting. The only difference is power delivery but it will feel a lot lighter, handle better and should be a blast to ride.