Sign in to follow this  

How much HP for a 14' 200xc-w?

I've done the googling but come up with nothing. Just wondering what kinda HP it makes stock. Torque numbers would be great too.

As monk said, they are probably around 40hp. Although hp numbers are sort of irrelevant when you're talking about bikes with different power delivery that are built for different things. I'd rather ride a 40hp 200xcw up a gnarly, rocky trail then a 60hp yzf450. The 200 will lug better and have more control and traction on gnarly sections. The big 450 will just spin when things get hairy...

As monk said, they are probably around 40hp. Although hp numbers are sort of irrelevant when you're talking about bikes with different power delivery that are built for different things. I'd rather ride a 40hp 200xcw up a gnarly, rocky trail then a 60hp yzf450. The 200 will lug better and have more control and traction on gnarly sections. The big 450 will just spin when things get hairy...

Unless you are a gear high and have a Rekluse! :prof:

They make around 36 hp. You can find the dyno graphs in the JD Jetting website, in the pictures section.

The 200 is tuned for low end torque. The peak hp number is not relevant: A well ridden 200 is untouchable in gnarly conditions.

• Like 1