Sign in to follow this  

Who sells kit to make a 2001 DR-Z400e street legal?

I cannot find a kit to do this. We don't need turn signals in Colorado.  I need headlight with hi/lo beam, tail/stop light (with license plate holder), electric horn, and appropriate switches.  Would like to find parts that plug in without adding new wiring harness.  Anybody have ideas?  

Rocky Mountain ATV sells their "Tusk" brand dual sport kit for about 1/2 the BD kit. But NOT plug and play like the Baja D kit. Need to be ok soldering and maybe figuring out some connections. But uses the same LED taillight and I think signals for a lot less money.

Thanks guys for the tips.  anyone have a wiring diagram for the mods and suggestions for where to tap into the power for the lights?

What do you need? In Oklahoma I added everything that a stock S has except I had the K model so no electric start.

Did you find a kit or buy items individually?  How much did it cost in parts?

Did you find a kit or buy items individually?  How much did it cost in parts?

I did individual parts.

UFO_Plastics_Oregon_Enduro_Headlight_Assemblies_With_Turn_Signals_Hdlight_W_signals

UFO-Plastics-Universal-Taillight-With-Turn-Signals

Kenda track masters front and rear

Trail tech vapor with dash

other Misc items came from Rockymountain

I spent $780.00 ish before I was done but I had what I wanted. and I went from a Kick start model to full street legal.

• Like 1