Sign in to follow this  

BBR upper triple clamp

Whats up. Anyone use the BBR upper triple clamp on their 150R? I picked one of these up for a play bike. im 5'10" and just trying to set the bike up better for me. Already picked up some renthal adult bend bars, looking at these clamps and a set of Fastway pegs. Also kind of looking at the outlaw racing triple clamp pitposse has.

I'm about your size.

I run the RSW triple clamps because they provide for 3 horizontal positions (stock, 3/4" forward, and 1 1/2" forward), and multiple heights. I run the maximum in both directions with Renthal 998s (the risers are available in both 7/8" and 1 1/8"). I don't know how they compare with the others.

I also run the Fastway pegs (they were on the bike when I bought it, and I moved them from the up-and-forward position back and down about 1/2"). Every little bit helps, but the pegs are a little pricey for the small difference in room (though they are a very nice platform).

The vertical peg-to-bars relationship feels about right, but horizontally the pegs still feel a bit too close to the bars. The ideal would be to move the peg mounts back about another 1" to 1 1/2" but you wouldn't want to do that without extending the swing arm 2" to 2 1/2" (maybe someday when I lace up an 18" rear and 21" front rim.)