Sign in to follow this  

2008 XR650L Random starting issue

Ok so this bike just turned over 6K miles. It's in great condition and probably never seen dirt.  It runs great and I'm happy with it.  I bought it will 5K miles from the orignal owner. 

Three times now it's failed to start without pushing it.  Seems like some sort of vapor lock or something. Just turns over and over and over and doesn't even think about starting.  Once I just let it sit and it started but the other two times I was at work and had to push it across the parking lot.  Fires right up with a short push. 

Anybody else have this issue or have any ideas?

Thanks,

THC1

XR650L.jpeg

as said check for spark.........usually on these bikes if it push starts it`s the Pulse Generator inside the clutch cover side of the engine,,,,,,the other main issue,,even at 5k miles is the CDI.....read my repair thread at the top of the front page,,wack the cdi good on the back,if it starts you need a CDI..

B

as said check for spark.........usually on these bikes if it push starts it`s the Pulse Generator inside the clutch cover side of the engine,,,,,,the other main issue,,even at 5k miles is the CDI.....read my repair thread at the top of the front page,,wack the cdi good on the back,if it starts you need a CDI..

B

Cool...thanks!