Sign in to follow this  

Yz125 problems (help)

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 1996 yz125 with low compression, I put a brand new piston and rings in it and put it back together... I started it for the first time after the rebuild and it had a loud chatter and wouldn't idle, yes I know the powervalve chatters but this is 10x louder. I took it all apart and cleaned the powervalve and made sure everything was in right, it was all good so I put it back together and tried it again. It still made the sound and doesn't idle. So I just gave up and took it for a ride, it stalled 5 times and bogged like hell. I'm not new to 2 strokes so don't tell me I'm riding it wrong and I have rebuild a few before too. Please all help is appreciated

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 1996 yz125 with low compression, I put a brand new piston and rings in it and put it back together... I started it for the first time after the rebuild and it had a loud chatter and wouldn't idle, yes I know the powervalve chatters but this is 10x louder. I took it all apart and cleaned the powervalve and made sure everything was in right, it was all good so I put it back together and tried it again. It still made the sound and doesn't idle. So I just gave up and took it for a ride, it stalled 5 times and bogged like hell. I'm not new to 2 strokes so don't tell me I'm riding it wrong and I have rebuild a few before too. Please all help is appreciated

Prob a lower end bearing post a video so we can hear it or some times a new piston will hit the dome, is it a dome top piston it could be hitting your head, piston in backwards? If its not a flat t opp p piston its prob the problem

Prob a lower end bearing post a video so we can hear it or some times a new piston will hit the dome, is it a dome top piston it could be hitting your head, piston in backwards? If its not a flat t opp p piston its prob the problem

I'm almost definate my crank seals are bad, I don't know how to post a video

Had a strange knocking sound on a CR125.  Ended up being a lose exhaust clamp and the exhaust not being lined up right.   My YZ 250 had a funny rattle the other day and it turned out to be the isolation mount on the exhaust pipe at the front of the bike.