Sign in to follow this  

Oil change just got bike

Just got this bike for a friend and it needs an oil change,well I will change it if it needs it or not.  I always use Motul 7100 in my KX450.  Would it be ok to use the 7100 in the motor side and Ford Type F trans fluid in the clutch side or better to use the 7100 in both sides?

Was just wondering cause I don't think your supposed to use regular motor oil in a clutch system.  the Motul 7100 will be perfect in both sides though, expensive but I she isn't hard on bike so it will last awhile.

You don't want to use "energy conserving" (most auto engine oils) motor oil in the transmission. The friction modifier package could cause clutch slippage.

Rotella is a diesel blend, which has more anti-wear additives than auto oil (not good for catalytic converters); works well in motorcycle applications and is cost-effective.

Realistically, any oil with the appropriate specification will be good.

You don't want to use "energy conserving" (most auto engine oils) motor oil in the transmission. The friction modifier package could cause clutch slippage.

Rotella is a diesel blend, which has more anti-wear additives than auto oil (not good for catalytic converters); works well in motorcycle applications and is cost-effective.

Realistically, any oil with the appropriate specification will be good.

I agree here, Rotella or Delo 400 are the best oils and widely used even at the pro level by factory teams

+1 on the Shell Rotella T15-40. I have run this in all my bikes for years with no issues.

Should be exactly the same stuff but I use Mobil Delvac 15W-40 in my diesel truck, that should be just fine too right since it's a diesel oil?