Sign in to follow this  

Carb Drain Hose Clamp

I read somewhere (I forget where) that there is supposedly a clamp welded to the frame somewhere near the swing arm pivot for securing the carb drain tube.  Is this true?  I can't seem to find it.  My drain hose is catching on something (chain?) and is now split in two.  I suppose a tie strap would resolve the issue, but if there's a clamp then I'd like to use it.

Clamp probably wasn't the best term to use.  Yes, more like a wire/hose guide, like the one on the upper frame rail for the carb overflow tube.

Look at the lowest frame cross-member behind the engine and below the swingarm; look on the back right hand side for the welded-on tab.

BTW, the end of the drain hose is split as it comes from the factory.  This allows the hose to drain even if the end gets plugged.  Well actually, the end can't get plugged because of the split.  However, if there is enough mud, it will overwhelm even Honda's excellent design.

CarbA16.jpg

:ride:

Edited by ramz

Awesome.  Thanks for snapping that photo for me, and the explanation.  I didn't realize the tube was split from the factory.  Simple yet effective solution.