Sign in to follow this  

Dirt bike boots help

So I am a new rider and just purchased the fox comp 5 boots size 13 because with the 12's my right foot was hitting the front of the boot with my big toe stranding straight up. I tried riding with the 13's and they felt really big and I had an extremely hard time riding with them. I guess I am looking for any advice on what to do. Will the boots break in and feel bigger if I exchanged them for the 12's? or should I just stick with the 13's? Should the boots be tight or loose? Shifting with the boots is very hard and awkward for me but it was my first time ever wearing boots while riding. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Riding in motocross boots takes getting use to at first. You will learn how to shift and brake while wearing the boots after a while. Boots are also very stiff when they are new and need to be broken in. A good thing to do when you get new boots it try to wear them around the house as much as you can to help speed up the break-in process.

As far as the sizing, it sounds like the 12s were obviously too small. You've got a big foot so you might look into an extended length shift lever and brake pedal.

Edited by Chopper731
  • Like 1

I have the comp 5's as well, they are a good mid grade boot.

A good way to break them in (aside from riding) is to do some trail work, between all the battering around they do break in faster...

make sure you are re-adjusting the buckles as the boots break in

• Like 1

Thanks for the help. I have started looking at the extended shifter from hammerhead and Its not like the 12's were extremely small of anything but just my big toe was just hitting the front of the boot with my right foot however the left fit perfect.

Stick with the size 13, but add some padding in the one that feels a little loose. Pretty much any shoe store will have the padding.