Sign in to follow this  

making a 400k into 400e

Hi, been looking for a nice drz400e. havent found quite what im looking for, but did find a almost new 400k. The deal would be pretty good but really wanted electric start. I am wondering is it possible to make the k into an e if i could find all the parts necesarry. Or is there differences that make it not worth it? obviously if they used different cases something like that. If it is possible or someone has done this coould you share all parts i would need.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi, been looking for a nice drz400e. havent found quite what im looking for, but did find a almost new 400k. The deal would be pretty good but really wanted electric start. I am wondering is it possible to make the k into an e if i could find all the parts necesarry. Or is there differences that make it not worth it? obviously if they used different cases something like that. If it is possible or someone has done this coould you share all parts i would need.

Thanks,

Dave

New crank, flywheel, left case cover, starter, starter gear, starter qt limiter, sub frame,battery box, battery, wiring, starter

In new OEM parts you would spend as much as what a ,good used DRZ costs.

If you had a donor DRZ e for free and could do all your own work, then maybe otherwise, no not worth the cost in $$$ or time

• Like 1

I'm doing the very same thing at the moment. I started out with a k and luckily someone sold me their E bottom end and wiring for super cheap. You can't really convert a k to an E Because it uses so many E parts. And unless you find someone giving you a deal your gonna spend alot of money.

I'm only doing the conversion because I got my hands on a street legal frame. If it were to be offroad only I would have stuck with the kicker. It turns on very easy especially when u figure out how to use the hot start lever/button.