Sign in to follow this  

need help with my 04 kfx

Hey guys just bought a 04 kfx 400 first off it goes good. Starts up fine but once it warms up which doesn't take long then it idles like a Harley or like it has a cam (chopy) if I snap on the throttle it's nice and crisp but idle sorta sucks then when you ride and come to a stop it will stall. It has a yoshi pipe which is somewhat crushed from the clamps and a yellow foam filter. Should it be jetted ? Maybe that's why it idles like that. Also idk if it's just a slip on or a full exhaust. And I need a few parts I can't find. I need a new stud and nut where the header goes to the head the stude broke off at the end I will show some pics. And I need a bolt for the engine cover on the side. Where can I find this ? Thanks20140727_101959.jpg20140729_183824.jpg20140729_183737.jpg

It looks like you could have an exhaust leak at the broke header bolt. I would fix that before I started messing with the jetting. Also on the carb there is an idle screw. You can adjust that and try to get it to idle smoother.