Sign in to follow this  

2010 wont idle

i bought a 2010 the bike was hard to start but idled fine. i checked a few things out and broke the map sensor now the bike wont idle unless the cold start is out any ideals?

Not sure how you broke the MAP sensor, but if it's telling the ECU there isn't a high vacuum signal (like there will be at idle) the ECU is simply enriching the mixture based upon that data: low vac signal = open throttle plates to the ECU = add more fuel than if plates are closed. Opening the "high-idle" passage (simply lets more air in) cures that overly-rich mixture.

Edited by Eddie8v

i put a new map sensor on the bike and the little hose that connects to the throttle body, somehow when putting the throtle body on i broke the plastic nipple so i replaced the hose and sensor now it wont idle

i bought a 2010 the bike was hard to start but idled fine. i checked a few things out and broke the map sensor now the bike wont idle unless the cold start is out any ideals?

"ideally", you'd have a little more info about your scenario. you probably have multiple problems indicated by the fact it was hard to start to begin with. the difficulty in finding your problem may be exacerbated by the fact that you never found out what was going on with the bike before the map sensor broke. you'll need more patience and skill and info for starters. got a manual?

i bought the bike and the guy started it on one kick got the bike home and it was hard  to start, but once it was started it ran fine, i looked up some of the problems with the 2010 bikes, and i went and bought a stator and a capicator. i bypassed the capicator with a battery and cleaned and changed the fuel filter.i was getting a code for the map sensor so i found i had broken it so i changed the sensor, no codes now but no idle,.i do have a manual and have worked on bikes and mechanical things for years, this one is kicking my ass. i did not move the tps and looks like it has never been moved,