Sign in to follow this  

new shock where to get?

So I sent my shock off to factory connection and they came back with a price close to $1000

Obviously that is to much I'd rather just buy a brand new shock. What is not clear to me is what part I need.

This is for a 2000 CR250

52410-KZ3-A91 -> is this everything but the spring?

52400-KZ3-A91 -> complete shock?

I likely could reuse the spring I already have I think.

Edited by xokia

52410 looks to be the shock minus the spring, spring seat, and ring stopper. 52400 seems to be the entire shock assembly.

What is wrong with your shock that F/C says you need a grand to fix it?

I would go through partzilla if you want the best price, but their shipping takes much longer than Motosport or RMATV.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/2000/CR250R+A/REAR+SHOCK+ABSORBER/parts.html

So I sent my shock off to factory connection and they came back with a price close to $1000

Obviously that is to much I'd rather just buy a brand new shock. What is not clear to me is what part I need.

This is for a 2000 CR250

52410-KZ3-A91 -> is this everything but the spring?

52400-KZ3-A91 -> complete shock?

What is wrong with the shock you have? More info inquiring minds want to know. I guess to me it would have to be TRASHED to not be able to rebuild it. Like folded in half. A rebuild kit is fairly inexpensive, and it shouldn't be too hard to find someone to to recharge the nitrogen.

What is wrong with the shock you have? More info inquiring minds want to know. I guess to me it would have to be TRASHED to not be able to rebuild it. Like folded in half. A rebuild kit is fairly inexpensive, and it shouldn't be too hard to find someone to to recharge the nitrogen.

So this is what they sent me I guess the inside shock body is scratched. I can get nitrogen refilled for $15 at my local Honda dealer. Factory connection wanted close to $500 to rebuild as is. And $1000 included replacing the shock body. When I look online to me looks like I can get a complete new shock for about $450 minus the spring. So to me it seems like a no brainer just replace everything rather the have them rebuild it.

Factory connection seemed to be charging full Honda retail for all the parts then $109 on top of that "just" for labor. Seem kind of stupid expensive to me.

Where are you guys seeing rebuild kits?

B559325C-6DCF-4F5B-B4F7-A28FFF83177C_zps

Edited by xokia

B559325C-6DCF-4F5B-B4F7-A28FFF83177C_zps

I would say that is BAD. But you may consider eBay. I've seen really clean shocks go for $250 and less

I would say that is BAD. But you may consider eBay. I've seen really clean shocks go for $250 and less

I'd rather buy new and not deal with an unknown. The $200 savings isn't worth the headache

This is for a 2000 CR250

52410-KZ3-A91 -> is this everything but the spring?

52400-KZ3-A91 -> complete shock?

You'll save $125 if you buy the new shock here.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/honda/HP-52410-KZ3-A91.html

So I bought a new shock from partzilla I hope the thing comes put together. I should have just sold this bike.

Dam, read this too late. I have an extra new shock body and a basically new 2000 complete shock I don't need.....

Dam, read this too late. I have an extra new shock body and a basically new 2000 complete shock I don't need.....

How much I could call partzilla and see if they can cancel my order. Have any pictures of the thing?

So a few people have questioned the costs saying FC doesn't charge that much so here it is, this shock started off as a FC shock to begin with.

110 -> labor

208 -> parts minus body

120 -> Spring

Total -> $438

The first time they called me they quoted me $658 for the body for a total of $1096

They called me back a day later saying their California shop had a body for $342

For a total of $780

Now I understand they are a for profit business but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they chose the most expensive way possible to rebuild this thing. Even if you take just the cheapest prices quoted $208 for parts and $342 for the body that is $550 for a used shock that doesn't even include labor. I could buy a brand new shock drop it off and it would be cheaper. Obviously the profits come before actually benefitting the customer any. It's the last time I do business with them. Nice guys but their math just doesn't add up for me.

Edited by xokia

So I received my new shock from Honda today. Anyone know if these come with oil installed? Is it bolt on ready? It feels like it is. I push down on the shock and it rebounds on its own slowly. I just have never bought a new shock before so I don't know if they are ready to go.

So I received my new shock from Honda today. Anyone know if these come with oil installed? Is it bolt on ready? It feels like it is. I push down on the shock and it rebounds on its own slowly. I just have never bought a new shock before so I don't know if they are ready to go.

It's ready to go.