JD/MRD to FCR39

I am trying to decide if I should move to the FCR39 from the TT store, I have the 3x3, MRD uncorked and JD let kit.

I am wondering if there will be much of any gains just adding the FCR?

Or if the gains are going to be so minimal should just I hold off on the FCR till I can afford a big bore kit?

I am trying to decide if I should move to the FCR39 from the TT store, I have the 3x3, MRD uncorked and JD let kit.

Or if the gains are going to be so minimal should just I hold off on the FCR till I can afford a big bore kit?

looks like it may be pre jetted with a good starting point. how well the out of the box jetting was for your configuration would be a big consideration for me.

With the FCR, you will get faster, more crisp throttle response off the line.  It will also pull stronger and faster throughout the rev range, but especially on top.  You will find yourself hitting the rev limiter much more because the bike just keeps pulling all the way to redline.  Will it be a night and day turn from mild mannered machine into a fire breathing monster?  No.  But you WILL notice the difference and the bike will be far more enjoyable to ride.  The front will loft much easier as well.  I was able to power wheelie mine in second easily, and could even clutch up third with the FCR and full exhaust.  Couldn't do that with the jetted BSR.  Your mpg will suffer though if you are heavy handed on the throttle.

Edited by lowercasee
  • Like 2

Going to the FCR with my TRC from the CV carb was night and day. Suddenly the throttle felt connected to the rear wheel. This carb looks really good.

• Like 1

Get the FCR and you will not want a BB.  Gains are not minimal trust me !!  ?  But save your BSR36 like I did, just in-case you need it for another DRZ.  :ride:   I recently got an FCR39 and it way exceeded my expectations ! 

Edited by billdirt1

With an Fcr you are lifting the throttle slide with your right hand , not relying on incoming air (engine vacuum) to lift the slide, as with the stock carb...

So throttle response is instant... plus having an accelerator pump also works here...

The Fcr is offers better overall performance than the Mikuni BSR...

A "bolt on" 4 hp deal.... ?

Edited by Craig-o
  • Like 1