Sign in to follow this  

1980 Suzuki DS250

Does anyone know where to find out what these bikes are worth?  My Dad bought this new in 80, and he is looking to sell it.  It is in good shape, but the top of the seat is cracked.20140729_150206.jpg20140729_150404.jpg20140729_150532.jpg

I have an '80 TS250 and they look very similar.  If the seat is the ONLY thing wrong and it's quite nice other than that, I'd say $400 to $600.  It isn't really a "collector" whether by age or rarity.  I've seen '80 TS250's go for around $1000 but they were VERY pristine.

yeah, not cool enough or desireable to fetch the big bucks. If showroom original, maybe $1500. But needing full resto, take the first $800 offered.  Its really just an old trail bike that will destroy itself on modern trails! That bike is more about fond memories than reality...............kinda like an old girlfriend, really fun untill you ride it!

Edited by ickfinger
  • Like 1

It was your dad's;hold. It is likely to go up in value, and once he gone if he's still around, the value to you will go way up. Restore to perfection and joy ride it once in a while.

It was your dad's;hold. It is likely to go up in value, and once he gone if he's still around, the value to you will go way up. Restore to perfection and joy ride it once in a while.

that seat can be restored easy and the logo on the back of it left intact, just redo from the seam in

Thanks for all of the comments. That gives me some idea about it.  I've thought about keeping it.  I've ridden it often. It's a great bike and does very well on the trails, never runs out of power, allot of torque, but I'm partial to my Elsinore.  My Dad and I rebuilt the Elsinore so that is the sentimental one. We might just redo the top of the seat as suggested, because other than that, it's in good shape.  He has an offer from a guy who has a TS.  From what I see here his offer is very good. I will see what he wants to do. Thanks again.

I think the seat covers are still available on ebay.  I have to buy one soon for the TS.  I have a couple of cuts, not from crashing but that's over 30 year old vinyl.  Getting pretty brittle, I'm sure.

I have an '80 TS250 and they look very similar.  If the seat is the ONLY thing wrong and it's quite nice other than that, I'd say $400 to $600.  It isn't really a "collector" whether by age or rarity.  I've seen '80 TS250's go for around $1000 but they were VERY pristine.

I agree, and thats a bike you can dual sport! To me thats twice the value.

What did you decide to do with your DS 250?  I just purchased a 1980 TS250 since I just couldn't let it be ruined by someone else.  It had been for sale locally for a couple of months on Craigslist and I finally broke down and bought it.  I love the looks of the DS and would like to get one someday.  These make really nice dual sport bikes in my opinion as the engines are powerful and reliable.

What did you decide to do with your DS 250?  I just purchased a 1980 TS250 since I just couldn't let it be ruined by someone else.  It had been for sale locally for a couple of months on Craigslist and I finally broke down and bought it.  I love the looks of the DS and would like to get one someday.  These make really nice dual sport bikes in my opinion as the engines are powerful and reliable.

If you're interested in my experiences with my TS250, PM me.  There are some weak points to the bike that I STILL wrestle with since I still do use it as a DS bike.