Sign in to follow this  

Mounting 2013-14 front fender

Without buying an adaptor it has anyone made their own bracket or just redrilled the holes and drill and tap the lower clamp ? Thanks BRAAP!!

It would need some sort of bracket since the front of the old triple clamps have the two bumps while the newer style is completely flat on the front where the fender meets it. You can get the front fender adapters for under $60 bucks which would save you a lot of headache

Honestly I would question the structural integrity of doing that.  Triple clamps are a high stress point on the bike and are engineered to withstand maximum force with minimum weight as they are.  Drilling holes through the center of it cant be too reinforcing.  Just my .02

Honestly I would question the structural integrity of doing that.  Triple clamps are a high stress point on the bike and are engineered to withstand maximum force with minimum weight as they are.  Drilling holes through the center of it cant be too reinforcing.  Just my .02

I think he meant he re-drilled the fender, not the triple clamp...

Well your first post said that you were going to drill and tap the lower triple clamp. It sounded like that was what you were thinking of doing.

Edited by motonack

No you drill and tap the lower in the front , that is what you did before the adaptors where made.