High compression piston in 2011 rmz 450

Hey guys I've got a 2011 rmz 450. It's time to make the motor fresh again and I've been toying with the idea of adding a little compression to give a little get up and go to my trusty yellow bike. I'm a mechanic and have replaced a piston once already with Suzuki parts. I believe stock is 12:5:1 and I was considering using the vertex kit going to 12:9:1 with the stock bore. The rest of the motor is bone stock. I know that will still run on 91 pump gas but my concern is with the stock mapping. Does anyone have any expierence with this? Will it still run as good as before without having to buy an aftermarket ecu mapped for the compression being higher. Any insite would be great thank you

Hey guys I've got a 2011 rmz 450. It's time to make the motor fresh again and I've been toying with the idea of adding a little compression to give a little get up and go to my trusty yellow bike. I'm a mechanic and have replaced a piston once already with Suzuki parts. I believe stock is 12:5:1 and I was considering using the vertex kit going to 12:9:1 with the stock bore. The rest of the motor is bone stock. I know that will still run on 91 pump gas but my concern is with the stock mapping. Does anyone have any expierence with this? Will it still run as good as before without having to buy an aftermarket ecu mapped for the compression being higher. Any insite would be great thank you

I think stock compression is 12.2 and I think your good on pump gas till 13.5 over that you need race gas.