Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a Neck Brace and Roost protector for my 13 year old.

I'm looking at buying a new neck brace and roost protector for my 13 year old son. He currently has the Alpinestars bionic neck support and EVS F1 roost protector, But is outgrowing it fast. I was looking at the Leatt fusion 2.0 neck brace roost protector combo. Any opinion or suggestions. He rides both track and trail. 

I'm looking at buying a new neck brace and roost protector for my 13 year old son. He currently has the Alpinestars bionic neck support and EVS F1 roost protector, But is outgrowing it fast. I was looking at the Leatt fusion 2.0 neck brace roost protector combo. Any opinion or suggestions. He rides both track and trail. 

Is your son 4' 11'' and under because thats for a smaller child? 

Pm speed-freek, he just went thru this

:rolleyes:  I dont wear a neck brace..and that wasnt a growth spurt it was me before and after I put my boots on.

Is your son 4' 11'' and under because thats for a smaller child? 

no he is 5'2 and about 90 LBS. Any suggestions

Well don't go for the atlas if you really need the chest protecter because it's just too much of a hassle trust me. You can buy the leatt and still keep the chest protecter underneath his jersey. The evs seems cheaply made and I don't know much about it. So it's all up to you.

Yup, Leatt 5.5 Pro HD armor and GPX Pro Lite Carbon brace with a 6D ATR-1 helmet and Gaerne SG-10 boots because my son is still alive and 100 percent injury free from the track, which is absolutely unbelievable, but true, and he was once 13.  

The crashes that happen from 13 to 16 will cause you to lose sleep.  The package above will tip the odds in your son's favor if something bad happens.

• Like 1

Yup, Leatt 5.5 Pro HD armor and GPX Pro Lite Carbon brace with a 6D ATR-1 helmet and Gaerne SG-10 boots because my son is still alive and 100 percent injury free from the track, which is absolutely unbelievable, but true, and he was once 13.  

The crashes that happen from 13 to 16 will cause you to lose sleep.  The package above will tip the odds in your son's favor if something bad happens.

Thanks He already rides faster and jumps higher then I ever did!!! It is a little piece of mind to have good gear.

Thanks He already rides faster and jumps higher then I ever did!!! It is a little piece of mind to have good gear.

Amazing how fast it happens.  It seems like yesterday when I taught him how to ride.  It's a great sport and lots of fun, but he does stuff I could never do.  I remember half joking with my wife asking her if I should invest in a $750 helmet for him.  Sounds nuts, right?  It did to me, too.  The crash he took a few days later launched me into a world of helmet safety that I never knew existed.  Anyway, there is no such thing as a bad question, so if you have any, please feel free to ask.  The most important gear you get for your son is his helmet.  It is the most misunderstood piece of equipment there is, and there is lots of advice out there.  Some of it is good, most of it is not.  Do not rely on magazine ratings, for example.  I have posted lots of crash video on here, none resulting in a concussion for my son.  Here is the latest (this month).  When they get up from something like this with a broken machine and just royally pissed off, it's a good day!  

Notice his buddy also has a 6D and the Leatt armor.  They are still close friends  :thumbsup: Enjoy the sport and do your homework on gear.  From one dad to another, nothing matters more.

• Like 1