Sign in to follow this  

Linkage questions

Could anyone help me clear up some confusion re aftermarket linkages (in partiuclar Kawasaki KX links)

A couple of questions:

1. If I was to install one, should I go for a firmer/softer or normal shock spring? I seem to find arguments for all three options.

2. The longer linkage is only really needed if you are not revalving your shock, and pretty much a band aid fix until you are in a position to revalve properly 

Any comments on the above?

I have tried searching, but seem to get so much conflicting info on the above to questions.

I never messed with my shock when I had one installed. Left the stock spring because it was good for my weight.

I also heard that you don't technically need one if you're revalving your shock, but a lot of people still do. I had both at the same time.

Also, I have a used, green, Ride Engineering linkage arm for sale in the TT classifieds section for $110.00 shipped.

I never messed with my shock when I had one installed. Left the stock spring because it was good for my weight.

I also heard that you don't technically need one if you're revalving your shock, but a lot of people still do. I had both at the same time.

Also, I have a used, green, Ride Engineering linkage arm for sale in the TT classifieds section for $110.00 shipped.

Would you post it to New Zealand?   Does it come with the bearings and everything as per a new item?

Just found that Kawasaki actually make one themselves, any reason not to buy the option one through them? Its alot cheaper than aftermarket ones.

you'll just lose the bling factor