Sign in to follow this  

88 XR250R - Opinions

What is a good value to place on a 88 XR250R that is probably a 8.5 to 9.0 out of 10 condition ???

I am totally OK with rear drum brakes, actually prefer them vs. disc brakes, weird I know. 

What are the major differences between the 2nd generation 86-89 XR250R's vs the most current batch in the 2000's. 

Many Thanks in Advance !!!

Michael 

Hey mike....I not sure on any values on specific xrs or the major differances from year to year....but I do know this.... don't feel weird about drum brakes over disc in rears....I actually prefer drum brakes in rear over disc also....and most vintage enduro races that I attend off and on...rear discs are not even allowed on the bike to enter the race....

In 1986 they added the oil cooler. The bike was the same from 1986 - 1995 apart from switching to disk brakes in the rear in either 90 or 91. 

I would say $1000. With clear documentation or pics of engine work maybe a bit more. Also, street legal title bumps up the value in my book.

Finishing up a rebuild on a 1995.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNtDuU7GqHU&feature=youtu.be

Thanks Guys,

Much appreciated, however it was gone within 2 hours of me posting. 

It really was in exceptional condition and the owner was only asking $800.

One of those CL transactions that slipped through my fingers. 

it happens to all of us. 

I will still keep my eye open for a 86-89, however I must admit, I like the 89 the best for it's color scheme. 

Thanks for the responses. 

Regards,

Michael