Sign in to follow this  

E3 Sparkplugs in crf450?

I say try it. It's worth a shot

I got 2 E3 plugs for $15 dollars. They have a 5 year warrenty also. I guess it's worth a try.

I would think any E3 plug is a step backwards in performance vs the Iridium-tip stock plugs. Plus, I find it hard to believe you can match the reach and heat range properly, but maybe it's possible. Is it worth saving a few bucks over a known-good plug that lasts years? Not to me...

• Like 1

i would run it.  i paid over $20 for the stock plug.

I've ran e3-64 plugs in every 450 I've owned (except for my FI bike) ever since I was introduced to the plug years ago. I can buy 3 of them for what I gave for an iridium plug. I'm not the kind of person that has to run the best of everything, if I can get by saving a few bucks. Would I cut corners on a motor rebuild? No, but a plug? I can put food on my table for what I've saved on plugs and have never had a catastrophic failure because of it.

just FYI; ordered my factory replacement plug from Oreily Auto come to just under $20.00 for two plugs.

crazy I see them at some web/net sales for up to $18 each.

I am gonna try them on my next ride. See how she runs. Will post my results.

Edited by Vick-KTM

What's wrong with an NGK plug that works just fine for over half the price? You won't get any more power out of an E3 plug.

It's not for more power but just a replacement. It's suppose to be equalvalent to the stock iridium plug. Get 2 for $15.

Edited by Vick-KTM