Sign in to follow this  

Arizona Interested in riding a track but never been.

I've been riding for about 10 years now. I've always been interested in riding the tracks, but growing up my dad wasn't a fan and only took us off road/trail riding (local Arizona spots, ocotillo wells, and glamis) I really wanna go hit the tracks but I'm a little worried/scared to go by myself for the first time. I don't have any riding buddies out here in Arizona, I normally just go out by myself except for my girlfriend but she's riding a CRF125F and is just starting out because of me....I'm looking for anyone who's interested in going out to the track and showing me the ropes, or pointers on what to expect my first time out at the track by myself.

My bike is a couple weeks from being back together, but I would be happy to go ride a track with you when it's together. I'm not a "track guy" by any means. Mostly ride desert, but I've ridden tracks a few times over the years, so if you're just looking for moral support, you can head out with me and friends. We're out on the east side as well. 

• Like 1

Yeah that would be awesome if I can tag a long. I'm a desert guy too,  but I just wanna hit a track at least once just to say I've done it.

Yeah that would be awesome if I can tag a long. I'm a desert guy too,  but I just wanna hit a track at least once just to say I've done it.

It's really quite fun and great cross training. I just don't do it much because it costs more, is often crowded and tracks aren't always open at the early a.m. weekday times that I typically ride. 

We can set up a time to go hit ET or maybe Motoland. Just shoot me a PM with your info. Always looking for more guys to ride desert with too. 

EDIT: My wife rides as well, makes it easier to bring your GF along. :) 

Edited by Kenpo1

I was under the impression that ET was now a circle track for karts and flat trackers, and the MX and RC tracks were no longer around. Is that not the case?

I was under the impression that ET was now a circle track for karts and flat trackers, and the MX and RC tracks were no longer around. Is that not the case?

I've not heard that, but I haven't been to ET for a long time, so you could be right. I hope not, closest track to me (even though I only go a couple times a year). We've lost some good tracks in the Phoenix area. Not a good trend.