Sign in to follow this  

Which exhaust?

Looking at getting a new exhaust,had my eye on the yoshi rs2 system as it was the cheapest landed in australia at around $520 but have also found this one which is FMF  q4 with power bomb header for around $550 are they both going to be same performance wise or is one noticably better than the other,both i'm looking at are 06-08 KX fitment

My requirements for an exhaust is

1.it fits properly as my one I have now has always leaked and was never compatable between header and muffler

2.performance and sound

3.ease of repacking,my pro circuit one was a nightmare to repack

Edited by ozglenn

Have you tried purchasing a stock kx 450 f 06 -08 system as they are lightweight , bolt straight on , are easy to repack , and I have made a simple baffle for mine to keep the noise down. A friend of mine purchased a near new 2013 kx system with a slight mod required were it bolts to the frame , for $ 250 in brisbane.  

Have you tried purchasing a stock kx 450 f 06 -08 system as they are lightweight , bolt straight on , are easy to repack , and I have made a simple baffle for mine to keep the noise down. A friend of mine purchased a near new 2013 kx system with a slight mod required were it bolts to the frame , for $ 250 in brisbane.  

i bought a brand new kx 450 2008 muffler off ebay for $30.00 than bought a 06-08 new ss fmf power bomb header for $135.00 has great power good sound easy to repack no leaks

hey guys, I have the yoshi rs-2 on my bike but im looking into improving. if there is room to improve. I'm looking for peak horsepower only, I run supermoto so im on the pipe. im getting out run by the 450s

Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 1.58.57 PM.png

If u use the 450 muffler you also need to use the header. The KX exhaust is a different diameter than the klx. But if you wanted to just do a muffler, use a KX 250f muffler .

Santa dropped off a full FMF system a couple years back. Still have yet to repack and it's quite. Louder than stock quiter than a KTM. Saved a pile of weight.

IMG_0010.JPG

Have you got any pics or know what 2013 muffler your mate bought as I'm thinking of getting a newer 4.1 and making it fit. I have access to an exhaust shop and can make/weld brackets. Would be awesome to know as I want a shorter muffler not one that hangs right out.

hey guys, I have the yoshi rs-2 on my bike but im looking into improving. if there is room to improve. I'm looking for peak horsepower only, I run supermoto so im on the pipe. im getting out run by the 450s

As long as you are running a KLX head and cams you will always get outrun by the other 450s, exhaust will not help all the way.

Have you got any pics or know what 2013 muffler your mate bought as I'm thinking of getting a newer 4.1 and making it fit. I have access to an exhaust shop and can make/weld brackets. Would be awesome to know as I want a shorter muffler not one that hangs right out.

It was a Stock full exhaust system off a 2013 kx 450f. A simple mod to the bracket were it mounts to the frame is all thats needed. So any manufacture that makes a full system for any year kx450f can fit .

It was a Stock full exhaust system off a 2013 kx 450f. A simple mod to the bracket were it mounts to the frame is all thats needed. So any manufacture that makes a full system for any year kx450f can fit .

Ah your a legend, I thought it would be the case, didn't think it would be that hard just needed to hear it from another bloke to make me get the balls to go ahead with it haha, cheers mate.