Sign in to follow this  

Riding areas off the grid, in So Cal. I want to buy home so I can ride from home!

A life dream of mine is to be able to ride from home when ever i want to. I can only get to the track bout once a week and a lot of time it's, dependent on work of all things! Would love to ride 3 4 5 times a week right from home if only for an hr or so. I live in the Inland Empire right in the heart of the MX industry, there are 9 tracks in every direction of me so that's good.

To make this happen I'm looking to move the family, my business (I work at home). I'm looking for a new home with some land, maybe a couple acres or more, in the IE, Riverside, Temecula, Murrieta, or surrounding area. I still want to be as close as I can to all the tracks in the area. This is a long term plan for the future. We've been here a long time so it's a big commitment to make this life change and move.

I've been looking at the all local OHV areas in the IE like Wildomar OHV trails thinking of the possibility of fining a home close enough to an area like that I could get to from the garage. I took a scouting drive into the area closest to Wildomar OHV. But need the bike to see if it's reachable from we're I went.

I'm trying to find any trace of trails that are off the grid and don't get the cops and rangers shagging people off the land. So I'm looking for any riding areas off the grid OHV or not (secret spots) if you guys know of any let me know I would appreciate it!

I know I'm also in the middle of tree hugger country, with all the frickin, California laws against our sport so if you want to chime in on laws of OHV please feel free!

Wildomar is no good

It's pointless to go to its so small and hard to reach

No one here is going to help you list or post illegal trails at the risk of having them closed down or worse yet, getting arrestted. 

If you want to know more about where we ride, you'll have to come out and make the rides.

Edited by Kah Ran Nee
  • Like 1

Anything in Riverside county is a bust.  Any place with horses is a bust.  Any place with neighbors that don't like dirt bikes is a bust.

Edited by Jeff aka Travolta

Don't all the freestyle guys have property in Temecula/Murrieta back up in the hills?

Most housing tracks on the northern east edge of the SCV have trails that lead to fire roads that lead to all kinds of legal riding. I hope I don't jinx myself, but I haven't had a ticket in 25 years.

I always ride mid morning mid week and never on weekends. And if you have a plated bike, your super golden.  

And best thing your only 45 minutes from "HHOOLLLLYWOOD"   (if there's no traffic)

Edited by jnr450r

You know where the good stuff is (out in the desert), move there.

It's not for everyone.

Don't all the freestyle guys have property in Temecula/Murrieta back up in the hills?

Ya I know deegan has a compound up there past wine country near lake skinner. Him and bunch of the other MM guys..

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406746766.880599.jpg. If your gona do it, do it big. I would move to pine mountain club ( 15 min west to Gorman/Frazier park). The weather is 70's mid July and mountains all around u can ride your bike to LPNF for miles of single track every day. Plus our only 35 min from L.A. Live the dream buddy.
  • Like 1

Just buy one of those brand new houses in Salton City that have been vacant since they were built in 2006/2007. I'd bet about 80k would do it.

Sometimes, the ILLOGICAL places are the BEST places to poach (I mean ride)....

Hollywood, Silverlake, Los Feliz, Glendale......even Downtown LA, although it's a bit of a dual sport.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/690331-ssssshhh-the-ultimate-ride-report/

if worse comes to worse for ya, AZ rocks.  Literally.  Brutal on tires, rims and your body if you fall off.....

• Like 1

Desert sucks...  buy in Wildomar...  you are on the right path.  Temecula, Murrieta, Wildomar, Lake Elsinore...  all excellent locations.

Since no one else will say it, but I will. Other than Temecula, all the above mention places are sad. Nothing but food stamps, welfare and foreclosures. Great place to raise kids. .

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406746766.880599.jpg. If your gona do it, do it big. I would move to pine mountain club ( 15 min west to Gorman/Frazier park). The weather is 70's mid July and mountains all around u can ride your bike to LPNF for miles of single track every day. Plus our only 35 min from L.A. Live the dream buddy.

Nice place alright, just know it can and does snow deep enough to make all roads in and out impassable. Just sayin'

this thread is a great way to get spots rolled up.

keep it going strong fellas! 

im glad nobody knows where i ride.

• Like 1

I've seen dirtbike tire tracks in the LA river

yea thats supposed to be some gnarly riding. the only catch is, if you fall... you'll get A.I.D.S.